The Stage is Set for an Awarding Nightdeercreek
SPRING VALLEY, Minnesota – Nov. 16, 2012 – Photo by Michael Roth Photography – The trophies are in, the tables are set, and the meals are being prepped for the 2012 Deer Creek Speedway Awards Banquet. A sold out banquet hall will play host to over 350 fans, drivers, sponsors, and family members this Saturday night as we acknowledge the accomplishments of the most talented teams in the Midwest.
A total of nearly $25,000 worth of cash and contingencies have been complied and will be given out to those drivers who are in attendance. Once our champions are crowned awards for The Most Improved Driver in each division will also be given away along with the Hard Luck Award, the 2012 Rookie of the Year, and the Sportsmanship Award. The nominees are listed below and were nominated and voted upon by employees of Deer Creek Speedway. (The Queensland Family was not part of the nominations or voting process.)
Most Improved Driver Nominees: One awarded per class will be given to driver that has shown the most improvement in their class over the race season.
- WISSOTA Street Stocks: Bernie Adams, Shawn Mann, & Nick Schwebach
- WISSOTA Midwest Mods: Mike Mehling, Casey Trom, & Bill Stettner
- USRA B-Mods: Scott Demmer, Jacob Bleess, & Josh Smith
- WISSOTA Super Stocks: Kevin Hager, Brian Fetting, & Ed Sanders
- WISSOTA Late Models: Kelly Anderson, Jerry Bloom, & Roger Torgerson
- USRA Modifieds: Cole Queensland, Lucas Schott, & Jake Timm
- Junior Slingshot Division: Evan Reyna, Karlie Wagner, & Easton Wasmund
- Pee-Wee Slingshot Division: Aaron Hoff, Keagen Einck, & JT Wasmund
- Senior Slingshot Division: Jim Chisholm, Dan Olson, & Derek Clement
Deer Creek Speedway Hard Luck Award: The award says it all. Given to one driver to whom lady luck was not on their side in 2012. Nominees are: Jason Born, Brandon Hare, & Darwyn Karau
Deer Creek Speedway Rookie of the Year: Given to one driver whom in their first year in a class showed great potential. Nominees are: Mike Fitzpatrick, Alan Wagner, & Steven Amundson
Deer Creek Speedway & Button Buck Speedway Sportsmanship Award: Given to one that has conducted themselves with the attitude and showmanship considered as befitting participants in racing, especially fair play, courtesy, striving spirit, and grace in losing.
- Deer Creek Speedway: Fred Prudoehl, Tyron Friese, & Jason Cummins
- Button Buck Speedway Driver: Jim Chisholm, Easton Wasmund, & Derek Clement
- Button Buck Speedway Parent: Elaine Sorensen, Monte Chisholm, & Corey Johnston
Still need a ticket? Since tickets will not be available to purchase at the door it’s recommended that you call 1-877-DCS-Race immediately to see if there are any seats remaining. (507-754-6107)
The Courtyard Marriot will be the host hotel for the banquet with shuttles to and from The Eagles Club. Mention the “Deer Creek” rate to receive the discounted rate of $89 per night. Call 1-507-536-0040 to reserve your room today.
Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic – 161 13th Avenue SW – Rochester, MN 55902
The Rochester Eagles – 917 15th Avenue SE in Rochester, MN 5590 www.rochestermneaglesclub.com
For more information visit us online at www.deercreekspeedway.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter @DeerCreekSpeed (#DCSbanquet, #TheCreek) or on our YouTube Channel.